Saturday 6 December 2014

Theatre for Children: Lesson Twelve

Wednesday 3rd December

We didn't have performance workshop because we went to see a show which was created by Chicken Shed Company. The show was Peter Pan, this was a musical adding people of all ages and abilities. I wanted to talk about the show we went to see as it was aim at year 2s ages 6-7.  They made the show watchable for all children, like having a signer for deaf children on all the time, but it was just a signer who would stand at the side of the stage wearing black, this signer was part of the show by being a maid or a shadow of Peter pan. They also had children in wheelchairs, who were part of the cast, made look involved instead or not having them because it because difficult and awkward. They use the wheels to make different levels. They connected with  the audience well by talking more to them as they were just part of the group and part of the world the actors were creating instant of watching the scene. I think watching this play as giving me some really good idea to help engage the children watching our show.

Theatre for children
In the lesson this week we work on our ending of the show which went well apart form most people including me were not putting 110% in to it. after hearing the music we were putting our dance to the music it felt as we all really had a fresh new of energy. We had to come down in to the middle in our character groups to bow, we need to come up with a some movement we could do to remind the kids who we were, my group were slow at thinking up something and we thought we could use binoculars , that we would past down the line and look thought but it had taken a little long so we were thinking we would come up we a short dance routine to do while sing “Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?”.

I feel as though my strengths was not much as my brain was in gear in this lesson and I feel I did poorly because I had trouble getting the dance movements and not giving enough energy went practising.


I’ve started on my costume. Well I have all my parts of my costume and I just need to add the finishing touches to my bag and socks and shoes. I’m feeling better about my costume then I did before as I was worried that I would not look right or the children would know who I was but know having my costume. I feel I can really become Dora the exloper.


No comments:

Post a Comment