Thursday 20 November 2014

Theatre For Children: Tenth Lesson

Tuesday 18th November


Performances workshop

We didn’t performance workshop this week so we had storytelling all afternoon, we work on our set out of our play. Which was good as we all got to see when went need to be on and where. I feel that I have trouble remembering but I remember some sections and placements but I didn’t want to get it wrong so I didn’t say anything. Which I feel was a little silly but I think next time if it happening again I'm going to speak up, that was one of my weakness from this lesson.

We change some sections in out scene because we were going too slow with getting out of the sack and action-man moving the toys, so we come out of the sack we move quicker and we use more moving in the sack and dialogue. We also change when we are frozen in our places and action-man changes our positions, our teacher thought it would be better if we would change on our own and action-man would just doing movements so it seem like he was moving us. We also need to think up some more ideas to catch action-man because one of our classmate isn't here, so we thought we could add “do you want to build a snowman” because all the kids know where comes from and it also means the children can relate to the phase.

Theatre for Children

We finished are dance piece which is good because we can focus on our last dance section which will include bow for the end of the show, we add a Mexico wave down the line which we reveal Santa and then we will run in to 5 group which two of the groups will open around of the toys and the other groups will become a tree or look up to the tree and open a present. I really like this because it feels like if we really saw excitement in our face we can really give the feeling of excitement at Christmas. We can get that excitement all the way though out the show, the children will really enjoy the show. Strengths was that I develops the unwrapping of presents, I develops the presents but going in close together so that when pop out it so it was more opening, than just throwing you arms in the air. Weakness I find to stay in  time with the dance piece because I am confused and how many counts we wake up to?



1 comment:

  1. Good Jenny, make sure you are still being clear in your observations - how did you develop the unwrapping of presents?
    Waking up is 8 counts. Also think of how else you could improve your performance of this piece.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete