Tuesday 7 October 2014

Theatre For Chilren: Fifth Lesson

Monday 30th September 2014

Performance workshop

We had 5 minutes of a group feedback then we were told to carry on with our scene, we have been working on but people in my group were not willing to work or talk about it so it was very unproductive so next week we would break in to smaller groups and, come up with ideas for the
Scene and then come back and show each other and try the ideas all together.  I feel that the scene is little dull as we have had many week to bright it up when we come to next week I feel we need to get the lay out work out and then  work  on the scene that we had done then following week work on developing the ideas.


Theatre For Children

We were still looking at our movement piece from last week but we were ask to get in to pairs and join out two routines together, I paired up with molly and we had the same beginning so we just added each other movement section  when we thought it would work. We did it so we were in sync with each other and some of the feedback we got from the class was about maybe having different level or not doing it in sync because it got a little boring towards then end because it was interesting as it could have been if we used motif development. This task was more effective than last week because we used points of christmas were we did the same things like waking up with excitement running though you veins on christmas as a whole instant doing it individually. What went well for me was that we already have our ideas for our own pieces for we had a base to work off and I wrote my down at the end of the last lesson which mean I could read off what I did instant of worrying that I forgot it and coming up with something new. My target for next week would be that I be more creative in my ideas.

Research

I thought this week I would turn my attention on to the company Cbeebie.
Cbeebie is the brand used by the BBC for programming aimed to 0-6 years old. It used the phrase "learning through play” to help creative shows that are engaging and fun for the children to watch. The channel was first launched on 11 February 200 and has won a number of awards. At the BAFTA Children's Awards, it won awards in 2002 and in every year between 2004 and 2009, including "Best Pre-school Live Action Series" in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2008. It has also won "Best Schools Programme – 0–6 years" awards from the Royal Television Society from 2002 to 2005. Cbeebie is the most-watched children's channel in the UK. Cbeebie HD officially launched on 10 December 2013. The links between programmes on Cbeebie are primarily achieved through the use of in-vision continuity, using presenters to interact with the children. In the UK, links are pre-recorded rather than broadcast live. 

1 comment:

  1. Very good Jenny, your evaluation of Theatre for Children gives you a good idea of where to take your work next, now make sure you apply this next time.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete